Transparency, accountability and community engagement are essential in a democracy. Local government is important and City Council meetings provide insight into what’s happening in your community. Here is a summary of the January 4th study Meeting.
Vice President Laura Toy was absent due to illness.
Livonia All Stars vs Detroit Red Wings Alumni is scheduled for January 29 from 1- 3 PM. Tickets can be purchased online or at the Livonia Recreation Center. All proceeds go to Livonia Kids and Families. Come cheer on local celebrities/Livonia councilmen Livonia City Councilman Rob Gjonaj Donovic and Brandon McCullough Livonia City Council!!
The following was added to the next Council consent agenda:
- Granting non-profit designation to Madonna University Football Boosters club Gridiron Cru
- Reappointment of Andrew Lendrum to Livonia Brownsfield Redevelopment Authority
- Various equipment requests from Livonia’s Police and Public Works departments.
- One year service agreement with Brett Naumcheff to provide professional constitutional policing and policy advising services.
- Compensation and meeting schedule for Livonia Board of Review
- Acceptance of a storm water maintenance agreement with Tooling and Equipment International Corporation.
The following was added to the next regular agenda
- Eliminating the allocated funding for the recently vacated Director of Governmental Affairs position.
As always, the meeting agendas can be viewed on the city website here: https://livonia.gov/129/Agendas-Minutes. The meetings can be watched unedited on the city’s Youtube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/@LivoniaTV
Leave a Reply