All members of Council were present.
City Clerk Susan Nash reminded voters that Election Day is Tuesday, November 8th and the polls will be open from 7am to 8pm.
Residents can stop by City Hall Mondays through Friday from 8:30am to 5pm to pick up ballots for early voting and the Clerk’s office will be open for Election related business on Saturday, November 5th from 7:30am to 3:30pm
City Council will be holding two additional committee meetings this month that are open to the public.
Wednesday, October 19th at 7pm: Econ Dev, Strat Planning & Tech Committee Meeting will discuss the Greenmead Master Plan and economic development along Plymouth Road.
Wednesday, October 26th at 7pm: City Council Committee of the Whole Meeting to discuss alternative ways for recognizing various groups of the community (this item is related to the flag ordinance passed in August) and the subject matter of a Civil Rights Non-Discrimination Ordinance Councilman
The following items were passed unanimously:
- Livonia’s property tax millage
- Livonia’s 2022-2023 budget
- The budget includes a bike trail from Curtis Road to Rotary Park
- Various special assessment street light project proposals
- A block party was approved
The following was added to the next consent agenda:
- Air Duct Cleaning for the Bennett Civic Center Library (this is the first time since the building opened in 1988)
- Various purchase requests
As always, all Livonia city council meetings can be viewed here – https://www.youtube.com/user/LivoniaTV
You can find this meeting’s agenda with supporting documents and video, here – https://livonia.gov/Calendar.aspx?EID=1799&month=10&year=2022&day=17&calType=0https://livonia.gov/Calendar.aspx?EID=1809&month=10&year=2022&day=18&calType=0
Leave a Reply